Follow the Below Steps to Download the General Services Bidding Documents.
STEP 1: Defining General Services
General Services, otherwise known as non-consulting services, embrace a multitude of activities which do not fall within the other conventional procurement categories of Goods and Related Services, Works and Consulting Services.
The scope of activities which are covered under General services may include: garbage & sewage collection; cleaning; landscaping, lawn mowing and gardening, vehicle servicing, printing layout, topographical, set out & cadastral surveying; soil sampling; materials testing; services involving manual or labor based skills with relatively minor materials inputs
In terms of complexity, they can range from simple, labor based grounds and facilities maintenance, agricultural land preparation and crop production tasks, vehicle maintenance, community health and vaccination programs, statistical data collection through to complex management multitasking for building assets and hospital facilities.
If your procurement meets the above description of Works, proceed to the next Step 2 below. If not, please return to the Standard Tender Document Page.
STEP 2: Determining the Contract Value
Does your Contract Exceed SAT $100,000.00?
|YES||Proceed to STEP 3 below|
|NO||Proceed to the Request for Quotation Page|
STEP 3: Download Standard Bidding Documents
Note that the following documents shall be used together with appropriate references to Government’s Treasury Instructions – Section 6: Procurement & Contracting (Amended 2020) and Procurement Operating Manual 2020
- Title Page & TOC
- SECTION 1 – Instructions to Bidders
- SECTION 2 – Bid Data Sheet
- SECTION 3 – Evaluation & Qualification Criteria
- SECTION 4 – TOC
- SECTION 4a – Eligible Countries
- SECTION 5 – Procuring Entity’s Requirements
- SECTION 6 – General Conditions of Contract
- SECTION 7 – Special Conditions of Contract
- SECTION 8 – Contract Forms
Note that these standard bidding documents (SBD) for Procurement of General Services – Open Competitive Bidding have been prepared and issued by the Ministry of Finance upon the clearance by the Attorney General’s Office (AGO). Their use is mandatory for the procurement of general services through open competitive bidding according to the Government of Samoa Treasury Instructions Section 6 Procurement & Contracting.
Any substantial revisions or such that have not been pre-cleared by AGO to the Instructions to Bidders or General Conditions of Contract in this SBD will require the clearance of AGO before the procurement may proceed.
Provided that a procuring entity uses a standard template pre-cleared by AGO, there is no need for AGOs’ clearance to be obtained. However, if a procuring entity wishes, AGO clearance may be obtained to confirm only that the following have been adhered to:
- (a) in all material (significant) aspects, the Tender Documents have been followed; and
- (b) that the conditions as specified in the Tender Data Sheet (“TDS”) are fair and equitable to all Bidders and that the Government’s interests are sufficiently protected; and
- (c) the evaluation, eligibility and qualification criteria as specified in the Tender Documents are appropriate in accordance with the contract context and the relevant market/industry; and
- (d) that the SCC sufficiently and adequately expand on the provisions referred to in the GCC and do not expose Government to any reasonably foreseeable risks; and
- (e) that the SCC are sufficient and adequate in their coverage of the GCC and do not expose the Government to avoidable risk.
These SBD are designed for the procurement of general services which are to be financed using public funds over SAT$100,000
Those wishing to submit comments or questions on this document or to obtain additional information are encouraged to contact:
Ministry of Finance
 General services refers to services range from a multitude of activities which do not fall within works, goods, and consulting services.